HomeEye ExamVision QuizVision Therapy
Michael Orwasky, O.D., FCOVD
Carol Mendez-Orwasky, O.D.
694 S. Tamiami Trail
Osprey, Fl 34229
At Family Eye Care & Vision Therapy we are committed to providing quality eye care for the entire family. Drs. Orwasky are board certified optometrists who strive to take care of all your eye care needs with personal care and attention. Dr. Michael Orwasky specializes in pediatric vision and is Fellowship board certified in vision therapy and developmental and learning related vision problems.
Family Eye Care & Vision Therapy provides:
- Comprehensive Eye Examinations for all ages from infants to seniors, including testing for functional and learning related vision problems, cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration and other diseases of the eyes.
- Eyewear Designing and Dispensing
- Contact Lens Fitting and Follow-up, including Bifocal, Disposable and Astigmatism Lenses
- Treatment of Eye Diseases and Co-Management of Surgery
- Vision Therapy for All Ages
- Treatment for
Learning-related Vision Problems, including
Tracking Problems, etc.
- Treatment for Binocular Vision Conditions, such as
Amblyopia or Lazy Eye,
Convergence Insufficiency (near vision disorder),
Diplopia (double vision), Lack of Stereopsis (two-eyed depth perception), and
Strabismus (cross-eyed, wandering eye, eye turns, etc.)
- Visual Rehabilitation for Patients with Special Needs, such as Developmental Delays or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), including Autism, Stroke, Whiplash, CP, MS, etc.
- Treatment for Stress-related Visual Problems, including Blurred Vision, Visual Stress from Reading and Computers, Eye Strain Headaches, and/or Vision-induced Stomachaches or Motion Sickness
- Laser Vision Correction (LASIK) Co-management and Consultation
- Sports Vision Correction and/or Improvement
Dr. Michael Orwasky received his Doctor of Optometry degree from Southern College of Optometry in 1985 and was his class recipient of the award for clinical excellence in pediatric vision. He also has a BA degree from West Liberty State College and a BS degree from Southern College of Optometry. He is board certified for the management of eye diseases. Dr. Michael is a member of the American Optometric Association, the Optometric Extension Program, and is a Fellow of the College of Optometrists in Vision Development.
Dr. Carol Mendez-Orwasky received her Doctor of Optometry degree from Southern College of Optometry in 1988 and was her class recipient of the award for clinical excellence in pediatric vision. She also has a Dispensing Optician degree and an AA degree from Hillsborough Community College. Dr. Carol is board certified for the management of eye diseases.
Located on US 41 in Osprey just north of Venice, FL and south of Sarasota.
There's more to healthy vision than 20/20 eyesight!
Learn more about symptoms
of visual problems which
school and sports success.
Success StoriesLocationVision LinksDirectory
optometrists, eye doctors, pediatric eye care, eye care, vision care, located between Sarasota and Venice, FL, Nokomis, Osprey, Florida, FL
Member, Optometrists Network & Find an Eye Doctor. Publisher of What is Lazy Eye?, What is Vision Therapy?, and many other Eye Care and Visual Health Patient Education Web Sites.
Terms and Conditions of Use